Headset MIC playing audio back through

Vivac93922

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
I've had the Turtle Beach XO Seven headset for a while and they recently started playing audio from headphones back into my mic. I had an Alienware 14 laptop and I recently upgraded to a custom built PC - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WFMnvK and ever since I upgraded to this PC it's been doing this. I tried changing my headphone port and mic port and the only combo of the two where the sound doesn't come back through while recording is when both on the back of my PC, but the sound volume decreases.

Solution
Right click speaker icon in bottom right. Click recording devices. Select your headset microphone and go into properties. Click the Listen tab. Make sure "Listen to this device" is NOT checked.

Hope this was it

gilbadon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Right click speaker icon in bottom right. Click recording devices. Select your headset microphone and go into properties. Click the Listen tab. Make sure "Listen to this device" is NOT checked.

Hope this was it

Solution

Vivac93922

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015

Thanks for the reply, but what I mean is when I'm recording a video or sometimes talking to my friends the audio from headphones is played back like there's a problem with the audio ports on the motherboards connection.