Headset not working properly.

smartie279

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I bought a headset a few days back and i have this strange problem with them.

Whenever i plug the 4 pole jack all the way into something, the vocals are turned off. I can hear the background music for instance, but not the main singer itself.

The only way i found to fix this was to only plug the jack 3/4's of the way in. I bought the headset mainly for the mic, and the mic only works when the headset is plugged all the way in. So i either get to talk to people and not hear their voices, or listen to them without talking.

Solution

That's exactly the type of adapter I was talking about and am not aware of any other adapter. There are different brands, some higher quality than others, but I'm not sure that would help in this case. The only other thing I could think of is since you just bought the headset it might be defective. Might be worth exchanging your headset out with a new one to see if you still have the same issue.

Sorry I can't be of...

TCTechie

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
smartie279,

It sounds as though the port you're trying to use for the 4 pole jack isn't compatible. In other words, your 3.5mm jack is setup for 3 pole jacks, not 4. If you're plugging into a PC, the good news is there are adapters that take your 4 pole jack and split it into two 3 pole jacks, green for received audio and red for your microphone.

Let me know if this helps.

TCTechie

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

That's exactly the type of adapter I was talking about and am not aware of any other adapter. There are different brands, some higher quality than others, but I'm not sure that would help in this case. The only other thing I could think of is since you just bought the headset it might be defective. Might be worth exchanging your headset out with a new one to see if you still have the same issue.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Solution