Headset with 2 ports (speaker + mic) for tablet with only 1 port?

a1631133

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Hi all, I have tablet with only 1 port for headset. I want to use headset with 2 ports for speaker and mic. Is there any way I can use any headset with 2 ports? Thanks a lot.

Solution
No you can't use a microphone/earphone combo headset with that tablet because the port on the tablet is only for sound coming out (earphones), not for sound going in (microphone).

That's why the headset has two plug leads because they have to be plugged in to different ports (same physical size ports but wired up differently inside the laptop or PC sound card). No way to achieve that with a single port that's designed only for a sound signal coming out.
No you can't use a microphone/earphone combo headset with that tablet because the port on the tablet is only for sound coming out (earphones), not for sound going in (microphone).

That's why the headset has two plug leads because they have to be plugged in to different ports (same physical size ports but wired up differently inside the laptop or PC sound card). No way to achieve that with a single port that's designed only for a sound signal coming out.

Solution