Question Headset's microphone not detected by Realtek?

Mar 20, 2020
I just bought a headset (Logitek G332 SE to be exact) , when I plugged it in I got a pop-up from windows asking me which device I just plugged in (options were: Headphones, Headset, Mic In), so naturally, I chose Headset. I can hear through my headset all fine, but the microphone is not working whatsoever.

I got around this issue by choosing 'headphones' and using my integrated mic, but I'd like to be able to use the headset's microphone...

The laptop is Asus Zephyrus S gx701.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Edit: I tried the headset with another laptop, works perfectly fine, also the sound quality seems to be a lot better (there's slight crackling when I use it on my laptop)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
Try the following:
First:
-Go to settings (Windows+I)
-Search for Sound settings
-
On Input, select among your available devices, if none other are available try this...

Second:
-In the Start Menu search for Device Manager. You may also find it in the control panel.
-There, expand the Sound, video and game controllers, you should see a device called Realtek Audio or something similar.
-Right-click on it and select Update Driver, this will cause a prompt asking whether you want to look online or Browse your computer. Select the latter.
-In that same window then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers...
-Select High Definition Audio Device if among the options, or uncheck the box: Show compatible hardware.
-
Scroll down through the manufacturers until you reach Microsoft and select that same driver from the list on the right.
-Confirm that you, in fact, want to change the driver. You may have to restart. If this fails, make sure to revert back to your original driver following these same steps but for Realtek.

Mar 20, 2020
Try the following:
First:
-Go to settings (Windows+I)
-Search for Sound settings
-
On Input, select among your available devices, if none other are available try this...

Second:
-In the Start Menu search for Device Manager. You may also find it in the control panel.
-There, expand the Sound, video and game controllers, you should see a device called Realtek Audio or something similar.
-Right-click on it and select Update Driver, this will cause a prompt asking whether you want to look online or Browse your computer. Select the latter.
-In that same window then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers...
-Select High Definition Audio Device if among the options, or uncheck the box: Show compatible hardware.
-
Scroll down through the manufacturers until you reach Microsoft and select that same driver from the list on the right.
-Confirm that you, in fact, want to change the driver. You may have to restart. If this fails, make sure to revert back to your original driver following these same steps but for Realtek.

Hi,

Tried the first method - I have only 1 available Input device and that's the built- in mic :(

After trying the second method my speakers stopped wroking (both headphones and built in) , so I had to revert to the original driver....

Any other ideas/suggestions? :(