Hello Everybody.How to find out my Windows Vista>7>10 serial number?

Anatoliy Dragan

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
I ve bought laptop toshiba LP 500 in 2008. Sticker very old. I attempt Find SN as in "http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/87690-35-find-windows-serial-number?590cb196d6500=reload" but without succes. Is there way find out SN win according to SN Laptop toshiba?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
What you are trying to find is the product key so that you can presumably re-install Windows. There are utilities that let you do this but you will most likely get the key that Toshiba used to install Windows at the factory (known as the OEM key). This is not the same key as the one on the sticker and will not work for a reinstall.

Please tell us more about what you want to do? If you are running Windows 7 and want to do a fresh install of Windows 7 then you might be out of luck.

USAFRet

Illustrious

What OS is it?
Belarc Advisor may help you discover what you need.

This may or may not help, as noted above.
But also, depending on the OS installed, you may not need to know this during the install.

Anatoliy Dragan

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014

Anatoliy Dragan

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Hello
If on this lap top was in 2008 original Vista with license registration key - so I want to know - if I work with that vista - 7 -10 Windows or with that that I bought on CD? thats all