Hello, i bought lg smart tv..and i got old lg surround system with 5 speakers n subwoofer n dvd player dated year 2011..is it

Jimrheiner

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
I bought second hand lg surround system with 5 speakers n subwoofer n dvd player..those dated year 2011.. My lg smart tv is new..how do i connect them without receiver or amplifier?

If you only have a set of speakers and a DVD player with no speaker terminals on it you would need a surround sound receiver that would connect to the TV.
If you have a home theater in a box so that the "DVD" is really a DVD/Surround receiver then you would connect that to the TV in two ways. One is for playback of the DVD. The other is to get the TV sound into the HTiB so you can get better sound for other sources. The type of connections you use will depend on the exact ones on the TV and HTiB.

corroded

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
if you do not have an optical input or way to pass the full surround sound to the speakers you are stuck / a stereo output.

I am in a similar situation, I have a set of Polk 5.1 speakers and nothing to push them.

I will opt for either a Sonos Sound Bar or the Polk. Both have the ability to give me the sound I need without pulling more wires and getting a head unit.

If you only have a set of speakers and a DVD player with no speaker terminals on it you would need a surround sound receiver that would connect to the TV.
If you have a home theater in a box so that the "DVD" is really a DVD/Surround receiver then you would connect that to the TV in two ways. One is for playback of the DVD. The other is to get the TV sound into the HTiB so you can get better sound for other sources. The type of connections you use will depend on the exact ones on the TV and HTiB.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3