hello, i having problems with my laptop

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Sorry, i don`t know if i post in the right place, i am in need of help from youg guys.
So, my toshiba laptop i5 processor, 2gb ram ddr3, hdd 250gb, it won`t let me to install windows on it till i disable multi core processing from Bios.
So for so good, i have disable it, everything seems fine. After i use the laptop and i shut it down, for example second day it won`t boot. It comes BSOD, and it won`t turn on till i go Bios and press F9 for loading defaults settings but i must to disable multi core processing otherwise it won`t boot.
And i must load default settings and ofcourse to disable multi core processing everytime i want to turn on the laptop. Ram memory its fine, hard drive too, i have test them into another laptop and everything runs fine. Right now i am typing from this laptop that makes troubles. I play games on it, i stress it alot but nothing wrong happens till i shut it down and then when i want to turn on as i already told you i get BSOD... When i get BSOD it is saying the BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant or something like that. If i enable multi core processig, then i will get different BSOD error. Thank you and i wait for your response

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

i tryied this when i go msconfig to enable it it shows me 1 processor not more then one core...

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
In "msconfig" click "boot" then click on "advanced options" just below it, now click the box next to "number of cores", this will add a "tick" inside the box. Now click on "number of cores", a drop down menu will appear then select "4", and now click on "ok" at the bottom, this will enable all 4 cores.

Reboot.

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

i already told you it is showing me only 1 core

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

YXjkiB.png

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

i managed once to install windows xp with multi cores enabled, i could see all 4 cores in task manager but it was rebooting by himself randomly, and when i was disabling multi core i could see 2 cores on task manager, and laptop was still rebooting by himself randomly, now if i try to install windows xp i get BSOD, i don`t know whi it worked once, now its not working at all again, anyway in windows 7 with multi core disabled i see only single core.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
That i5 M430, has 2 cores and with hyperthreading enabled it gives you 2 virtual cores which will appear in task manager and device manager has 4 cores and 4 cpu respectively.

In your bios enable all cores and enable hyperthreading, save and reboot and now check task manager and see if its randomly reboots by itself. If it does it would mean either your bios needs an update or your cpu is defective.

http://ark.intel.com/products/43537/Intel-Core-i5-430M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_26-GHz

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

i don`t have hyperthreading option in bios, i have updated the bios, i guess its just a faulty processor. Thanks for your responses.

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

it is not the same problem
i could see 2 cores on windows xp but was rebooting, on win 7 only one core and its not rebooting

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
you know, i have found something very interesting about this issue, if i enable multi core and i turn on the laptop and i start playing my game, the game called Lord of the rings war in the north, the laptops its fine absolutely fine, i playied for 5 hours, and when i left the game and i was browsing the internet the laptop gets BSOD, but in game it doesn`t, with all 4 cores activated, if i want to browse the internet i must disable multi core in bios lol, but if i want to play a game i can activate multi core... this is really strange

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
1. Never update bios from within windows. May be a proper bios update using the bios update key will be rectify the issue.
2. Windows parking cores when high power not needed is possibly causing the bsod.
3. Or your cpu is indeed faulty.

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

the laptop runs fine with multi core processing enabled while i play a game, if i exit the game, straight away i get BSOD, and after that its really difficult to turn on the laptop with multiple processing enabled, if i really wanna turn on the laptop i must disable it...

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

but sometimes with some luck i manage to turn laptop on with multiple processing on and when is on i must run the game fast otherwise i get BSOD, when i get in the game i am safe my laptop won`t get BSOD

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
try cleaning fan vents and fan itself, remove heat sink from cpu, remove old thermal paste carefully with pure alcohol from cpu and heat sink, then re-apply paste using arctic silver thermal paste. If you not confident with doing this find someone who is ....its possible your cpu is overheating.

Codrin_1

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

i have done this 2 times till now, i know how to do it, i done it 2nd time because it ough 1st time i done something wrong but no, and one more thing, as i told you if i quit the game my pc gets BSOD, but if i don`t close the game my laptop works fine, now i have minimised the game and laptop is fine it is not getting BSOD, and it will not get i am sure of that, so what could that be? If i close the game now it will get BSOD 100%, but i will keep the game minimised so i make sure my laptop stays on.