Hello, My phone turned off while I was making a video.

Jun 10, 2018
I can see the file but it won't open. My LG Stylo 3 plus phone says "Cannot Play video, This file is not supported". I tried on my PC, but then it says I have to convert it. I have tried opening with Windows Movies and TV; Windows Power Media; photos. I have tried saving it on my phone's storage vs the SD Card, changing the name; changing the extension from .mp4 to .mov. So far nothing has worked. I am considering downloading the app "MP4Fix Video Repair Tool by smamolot. But am hesitant since there seems to be a fee to save the "saved" video. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from clapujade : "Hello, My phone turned off while I was making a video."

Have you tried doing as Windows suggested and converting it? Try a program (which is free) called "Format Factory" (it is for computer not phone). Move or copy the file from the phone to the computer and then use the program to format it to a type that would be more easily recognized by the computer. Say MP4, etc. If, after the conversion, it still won't work, then the video is probably damaged and not recoverable. The same goes for it the program says it can't convert it.

A side not, just changing the file extension for a file will not change how the file is written, so that won't fix it and make it work.

Jun 10, 2018
Webworkings, Thank you for your response. I downloaded Format Factory. When I started the converting the Convert State says Error 0x00000001. I'm not sure what to do with Format Factory now since it didn't work for me. Do you know anything about theMP4Video Fix Tool app?

Jun 10, 2018
Webworkings, I tried the two possibilities and I'm afraid I could not get either to work for me. I gave up and used the mp4fix video tool app by smamolot. I what was able to get my video. However, I did have to pay $6 to be able to save it, but it was worth it to me. Thank you for your time and help.

TRENDING THREADS