Help Bad RMA experience

mbotvinnik

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Hello i'm just here to get opinions on an RMA experience with asus.

So i had problems with my asus rog gl552vw-dh71 gaming laptops screen, it had backlight bleeding which was very noticable so I rma'd it. They took 2 months before i got it back......apon recieving it back after that long wait the screen has even worse backlight bleeding than before......I also rma'd it for heat ussues where my mobo and cpu got above 87c with only 3 mins of light gaming and when i recieved it back from them again nothing was changed the heat is extremly hot and the screen is just worse than before ....and in your opinions what should i do? should i RMA it again? or am i gonna expect this bad service from asus again?

Solution
hm...
as I said I don't trust asus. they may make superior products with more features and occasionally cheaper prices, but man their warranty sucks. ironically it fit their new motto. searching for incredible. I'd say they found incredible all right. they cannot be credibled.
are you sure you got the same laptop when you got ti back every time? I'm thinking they may have taken your exterior mint laptop with backlighting problem with a refurbished unit (that has scratches on them and stripped nails)

Darthutos

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
did they send it back with a note that says they actually took a look and fixed your problem? or did they just send it back to you unfixed every time?
Don't get me started with asus rma. they flat out refused my mobo crosshair v formula z rma because of so called physical damage when it was a simple nic failure. they didn't mark the obviously missing pcie slot switch but they marked 2 or 3 white spot near the edge of mobo where the standoffs are located...
do not trust any asus warranty.

mbotvinnik

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
yep they sent it back with a note saying they replied thermal paste and they changed the whole laptop screen. When i finally got it back after 2 months the laptop screen is actually worse than before. To be honest id rather have my screen that i originally had. Also some screws on my laptop are stripped and i have small scratches on my laptop from them. I kept this laptop in mint condition if i decided i wanted to sell it. Now it all back fired and it feels like they gave me back a well used laptop when my laptop was only 4 months old in mint condition. I paid 1,400 for this laptop and to me that is not cheap i'm very frusterated right now.

Darthutos

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
hm...
as I said I don't trust asus. they may make superior products with more features and occasionally cheaper prices, but man their warranty sucks. ironically it fit their new motto. searching for incredible. I'd say they found incredible all right. they cannot be credibled.
are you sure you got the same laptop when you got ti back every time? I'm thinking they may have taken your exterior mint laptop with backlighting problem with a refurbished unit (that has scratches on them and stripped nails)

Solution