Help choosing 3.1 surround sound system

lazybeach21

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
I want a 3.1 surround sound system (center, 2 floor tower, bass) and a receiver. The receiver will need to be 4K compatible with HDMI 2.0 connections. I have a total budget of $1,500. I was looking at Klipsch speakers and I am having a hard time picking a receiver. Do they make a 3.1 receiver? When the kids get older I make upgrade to 5.1. Do they make a 3.1 sound bar/bass where two floor speakers could be added to make it a 5.1.

Essentially I want 5.1 sound without all the speakers and wires. thanks

Solution
You just need to purchase any surround receiver and set it up for 3.1. If the receiver has a mic for set up you just need to connect the speakers and let the receiver configure itself. At the lower range Onkyo is good. As you go higher Marantz would be a suggestion.
A soundbar will not give you the same result as a real surround system and cannot be expanded with the exception of the Sonos Playbar/Subwoofer combination which you can add a palr of Sonos Play speakers as rears (no floor standing though).
You just need to purchase any surround receiver and set it up for 3.1. If the receiver has a mic for set up you just need to connect the speakers and let the receiver configure itself. At the lower range Onkyo is good. As you go higher Marantz would be a suggestion.
A soundbar will not give you the same result as a real surround system and cannot be expanded with the exception of the Sonos Playbar/Subwoofer combination which you can add a palr of Sonos Play speakers as rears (no floor standing though).

Solution