amantvoulu

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
Hello everyone!

I know these forums are mostly computer related but I feel this is probably be a great place to get the answers I'm looking for. I am looking to buy some headphones/headset for use with my PS4(Better if compatible with XBox one/PC also). When playing, I will have them on anywhere from 1-8 hours with minimal breaks.

I am looking for headphones with spectacular audio quality, including a nice deep bass. A decent microphone is just a bonus but not a huge buying point for me. Comfort is a huge issue for me, I have some huge ears that flare out a tad bit so headphones generally give me quite a bit of ear pain after a short period of time unless they have a deeper pocket in the ear cup(Bose QC 15/25 fit perfectly depth wise). I have seen a lot of people bringing up open vs closed designs but I honestly do not know which would be the best for me. I will be playing in my man cave at home so noise bleeding out and external noise are not an issue, good sound quality and comfort are what matters most to me!

My budget is approximately $600 but I am willing to spend a bit more if it would make a substantial difference in the product. I am looking into this as an investment so not only do I want the sound to be good but I want them to be a good looking and durable set to invest on. So far, I have looking at two different setups. I've been reading reviews on the Astro A50s which already come with a Mixamp and gets pretty good reviews overall. The second setup I've been considering is the Sennheiser 363d with the Astro Mixamp Pro. I am very new to the high end headphone area and would greatly appreciate all the input that you guys and gals may have. I am not dead set on the two setups I mentioned, those are just the two that were the most commonly brought up.

amantvoulu

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014

Have you used the 363's before? How big are the ear cups and are they flat or do they have extra room