Help! Chrome Frozen After Getting iOS Scam Message-Can't Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Robertson

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
Need help getting Chrome unfrozen after iOS scam popped up on my iPad. All of the articles I've found tell me to delete browser history on Safari, which I have done, but it's not Safari that is frozen. Can't get to any controls on Chrome to delete browser history or cookies. What do I do?

Solution
Hi,

Have you tried deleting the app from your device?

Delete the Chrome app. Install Chrome again from the App Store. Launch the app and test if it shows the same behavior. Let me know if this step worked for you. Thanks!

alxmrn

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Have you tried deleting the app from your device?

Delete the Chrome app. Install Chrome again from the App Store. Launch the app and test if it shows the same behavior. Let me know if this step worked for you. Thanks!

Solution

Darren_16

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I had the same problem with a spam popup with chrome on my iPhone. It locked up the browser unless you click ok, but I didn't trust it enough to click ok.

My solution was to exit Chrome and click a link in another app that is configured to launch in Chrome. I clicked a link in my Outlook mail which is set to launch links in chrome. It opens a new tab and then you can open the tab switcher and kill the offending tab that locked up your Browser.

Saves having to uninstall.

Deedub

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016

Brilliant! Thank you. Worked.

Belange

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

I spent 40 minutes searching for a solution to this very problem before coming across your response. Thank you so much! It worked perfectly!!

brucek2

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
3+ years later, this thread is still the top Google search result on this topic, and the problem is still happening.

Thanks for the tip on how to get around this. I wish this would happen to one of the Chrome devs so they'd make it impossible to block all user control, or at very least always possible to dismiss a tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.