amulsingh01

Estimable
May 29, 2016
I need help getting s good gaming headset the has a mic. I was looking at audio technica ath m50 but it doesent have a mic incase I ever need one. I was also looking at the hyper cloud 2 and razer krakens. What are your thoughts?

Solution
you do know you can add a mic to any pair of headphones right? things like the modmic exist, or you could use a desktop microphone.

the m50 while a decent sounding headphone is not ideal for gaming.

most gaming headsets are inferior sound quality compared to headphones. the exceptions are below models which are made by actual headphone companies.

game one - based on hd518/558/598. neutral sounding, decent soundstage, open
game zero - based on pc363d, pc350se, hd555/hd5595. treb/mid focus. very little bass. open
mmx300 - based on early version of the dt770 premium. less bassy than current dt770. closed
adg1x - based on ad500x/ad700x. treb/mid focus, huge soundstage, open
ag1x - based on a500x/a700x. same as above but with less...

The_Man12

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014
I've heard the Hyper X Cloud 2 is really good. I had been looking at other options including wireless ones, but at the end that was just the simple choice for me. I ended up getting them and so far I like them a lot.

you do know you can add a mic to any pair of headphones right? things like the modmic exist, or you could use a desktop microphone.

the m50 while a decent sounding headphone is not ideal for gaming.

most gaming headsets are inferior sound quality compared to headphones. the exceptions are below models which are made by actual headphone companies.

game one - based on hd518/558/598. neutral sounding, decent soundstage, open
game zero - based on pc363d, pc350se, hd555/hd5595. treb/mid focus. very little bass. open
mmx300 - based on early version of the dt770 premium. less bassy than current dt770. closed
adg1x - based on ad500x/ad700x. treb/mid focus, huge soundstage, open
ag1x - based on a500x/a700x. same as above but with less soundstage, neglibible improvement on bass, closed
hyper x cloud - based on takstar pro 80. while not to the quality levels of above, decent all around performance.

mic on hxc is average, nothing spectacular.

Solution