Renato Pinto

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
Which one should I choose:Dell inspiron i3 4GB memory 500 GB HD touch-screen or HP Pavilion i5 4GB RAM 750 GB HD?

Uses: ms office, internet, watch movies.

Thanks

Solution
If you do not need a touchscreen (which probably makes both laptops about the same price), then go with the HP with the i5 since a laptop with a more powerful CPU generally means it will last you longer before you feel it is becoming slow.

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
for your useage go for the i3 it is more than enough and with most of the CPUs coming with an integrated gpu you wont have trouble steaming HD videos.

an i5 is an unnecessary in your case

hope it helps

PS- both are equally good brands and you wont have that much of any problems

envy14tpe

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
The i5 costs more. And for your listed usage the i3 is perfect. No need for more than that.

I was shopping for a laptop recently and needed similar tasks to be done, and I chose a laptop with a i3-m over i5-u. The i3-mobile is the same as i5-ultraportable. That is important to know when comparing CPUs for laptops.

Also, you can take out the HDD and add a SSD for around $100. Now my system is really fast. Just some advice...

If you do not need a touchscreen (which probably makes both laptops about the same price), then go with the HP with the i5 since a laptop with a more powerful CPU generally means it will last you longer before you feel it is becoming slow.

Solution