Help in installing Windows Vista 64-bit in 7-year old laptop

prashantmore

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Hi,
After my built-in HDD in 7 yr old DELL XPS-M1330 laptop crashed, installed brand new 240GB-Kingston V300 SSD. But couldn't install Windows Vista 64-bit via Bootable USB as my Dell's DVD-drive isn't in working condition. After some decent research, found out that Kingston SSD is of GPT type, so using "diskpart "in command prompt (via connecting SSD to a desktop), used "CLEARALL" option to format & converted into MBR, but no luck so far.
Another frustrating thing is, now one of the tiniest screws on which my SSD is fixed, got spoiled as a result, i'm in no situation to take my SSD out of my laptop for whatsoever.

Tried several times to install Windows 7 & Windows Vista, but every time, received error code 0x8007002, have gone through microsoft site following it, still no luck!
What's the way out??
NEED HELP TO INSTALL WINDOWS VISTA 64-BIT !!

CAN PLEASE ANYONE HELP. ((thanks))

prashantmore

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
First reboot & consequent too. Error occurs whenever i'm trying to install windows vista a fresh, the error 0x8007002 message reads as: SOME FILES ARE MISSING (Earlier the message used to read as: DRIVERS ARE MISSING as i constantly trying Windows7 & Vista, but stopped trying with 7 now)
My Windows Vista 64-bit ISO has been downloaded from torrent site. Bootable-USB drive made using PowerISO software. If you can provide me a torrent link from where i can download better copy of the same in case that would help, would like to try out that option. What do you suggest Emerald??

Really glad to receive your response, thank you.

Emerald

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2005
here is a link from HP to place to download Vista from

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-burn-downloaded-windows-vista-to-dvd/

use the alternate link to download the vista 64

have you tried loading the SATA drivers during the install of Vista?

prashantmore

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Thank you Emerald for the input provided, will certainly go through the steps. My download is currently "ON" as per suggestions from "raymond.cc".
Will keep you posted on this. Meanwhile will do some research for SATA drivers, as i have never tried loading for the fact that i was completely unaware. Appreciated your revert a lot.

Enjoy your weekend by the way.

prashantmore

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Hey Emerald, Tried Vista 64Bit SP1 from 'Raymond Cc' link provided by you. Tried with loading SATA drivers as well as with Chipset drivers for my model from Dell's support site. Still no luck. Same error 0x8007002 appears while windows installer copying installation files.

Anything else i can do to get going with newly installed SSD! Terribly frustrated.