Solved! Help me choose the right gaming headset

Leonman44

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
Hello mates ,
I am a fps gamer but i also listen to music a lot so i am not sure if a 7.1 headset is the right choice for me , anyway i have these headsets in my mind:

1) Logitech g633 artemis
2) Asus strix 7.1 + the amp (most expensive choice)
3) Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
4) HyperX Cloud II

The stronger the bass the better! :D
I also have an amplifier for 3.5mm , usb headphones have their own inside the cups but are they enough powerful to blow my ears or they are just moderate?

Solution
Since you have an amp already driving heavy cans should not be a problem, so whatever you can find will work.

I would suggest the Philips Fidelio X2 if you want lots of bass and also need them for gaming, they can easily accommodate the Vmoda-Boompro Microphone and they have very good sound stage for FPS games. But you will need to get the mic version if you want to use the Vmoda, and I see they are currently not in stock.

If you want closed-back headphones then the AKG K 553 Pro have great bass, and if you want to try a cheap set that still sound expensive you can get the Status Audio CB-1. They sound great and have amazing bass for the price.

Jester Maroc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
I like your setup and applaud you for not simply jumping on the 7.1 bandwagon! I would recommend reading Zeos' guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/66x9c0/guide_headphones_gaming/

His list caters for all tastes and budgets.

Isokolon

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Personally I'd go with some good headphones (Sennheiser, AKG, there are several) that are made for high quality audio and something like a modmic. That combination is far superior to gaming headsets.

If you want a gaming headset though, I'd go with the Logitech. The G35 had the best headset sound I've ever heard on a gaming headset, I'm sure the Artemis ain't so bad as well.

Leonman44

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015

Yeah guys , i never was convinced to buy 7.1 but i was really confused with all the different headphones running on the internet , so i said to me: get this 7.1 and get rekt son! :D

BeyerDynamic seems preatty decent , is there any real difference between the 250ohms version and the 80ohms one? 250ohm will be heavy to run but overall seems promising and i can find them with a decent price within europe!

Isokolon, i did use Sennheiser right now , i have the HD215 amazing highs and with good mids and some will say accurate bass but for my likes its a non existent. I really want some powerful bass punch like these Sonys mdr 950ap i tried , my ears was trembling but the problem was a helicopter-effect like mids or under water-like so i had to send them back and i did try a second pair.... The problem occured only when i did get them loud , so i really dont know what was that?

Jester Maroc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Since you have an amp already driving heavy cans should not be a problem, so whatever you can find will work.

I would suggest the Philips Fidelio X2 if you want lots of bass and also need them for gaming, they can easily accommodate the Vmoda-Boompro Microphone and they have very good sound stage for FPS games. But you will need to get the mic version if you want to use the Vmoda, and I see they are currently not in stock.

If you want closed-back headphones then the AKG K 553 Pro have great bass, and if you want to try a cheap set that still sound expensive you can get the Status Audio CB-1. They sound great and have amazing bass for the price.

Solution

Stinky_1

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
You were considering Cloud 2 but didnt want 7.1? Go with the OG Cloud. Just like the Cloud 2, they are amazingly comfortable and the mic is outstanding.