Help me fix My computers router issue

Clifftax

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Hi my names Jess and I have a Acer E5 517 with windows 8. I burned out my HDD a few weeks ago and I just replaced it with a HDD from a Asus that fit in. The problem is my computer won't look for my router. I have tried to look up missing drivers and there are 4 but none of them can be found on the Acer support website. Any help I can get to finally fix this damn thing would be highly appreciated.

Hi Jess,

I assume you mean E5 571 (not 517 - at least I can't seem to find it).

First suggestion would be to head to the acer support page & download the WIFI driver - http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Head to device manager and check which brand you have (Athos, Broadcom or Intel) and download/install the corresponding one.

Not 100% clear, but is it only YOUR router it's failing to find? Or is it any wifi network? A simple off/on of the router would likely help if it's only yours it's not finding.

Clifftax

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015

Clifftax

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
When I bring it up there a are 3 LAN drivers
Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless LAN Driver
Wireless LAN Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver
Wireless LAN Intel Wireless LAN Driver
The laptop will not search any routers and when I go to device manager it says
Network controller
PCI device
PCI Simple Communications controller
SM Bus controller
These one are missing?

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Download all 3 and try installing them 1 by 1 until it successfully installs the driver for your wireless card. Download the chipset drivers too while you're at it, since it appears you are missing that as well.