Solved! Help me save my computer

harleyd8031

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
So basically I was eating noodles and the boar spelled all over the laptop while it was open the keyboard works perfectly fine and so does the volume and everything the only thing that isn’t working is the touchpad I put rice on it I’m gonna let that sit overnight anything else I could do?

Solution
may be your touchpad shorted . if you have experience with notebook opening then remove the notebook cover and try to clean that touchpad again resetup if still you have the problem then you have to change the touchpad board which is separated from motherboard and you can buy that separately. thanks . :)

RandomGuy42

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I would say to take your laptop to a repair place- they probably won't charge you just for a simple system inspection (to see if anything really is wrong) and it's a good idea to do this anyway. Could you send a few more details about your laptop? (e.g. Lenovo B590, 8 GB ram, 256 GB SSD.) As long as nothing seems wrong, I am inclined to say that your laptop is good to go- taking it to a repair place is just a good precaution.

Hope this helps!

RandomGuy42

trukntigger

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
The touchpad is normally tied into the usb bus. Does it show in the device manager? Check usb devices as well. Best guess some liquid damage on the actual touch module underneath side or...ribbon connector contaminated. Could unplug both ends and clean gently with rubbing alcohol and the connectors it plugs into same then reinsert and test. Worse case make do with a usb mouse until you order replacement touch pad with ribbon...as long as main motherboard not damaged in this regard.

emily558

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
may be your touchpad shorted . if you have experience with notebook opening then remove the notebook cover and try to clean that touchpad again resetup if still you have the problem then you have to change the touchpad board which is separated from motherboard and you can buy that separately. thanks . :)

Solution