Status
Not open for further replies.

lithuanian

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Hi everyone. So I'm going to buy a new laptop and I have to make a decision. I want to buy one which would have good gaming performances. I have two choices:

ASUS X555LN-XO004H
nV GeForce GT 840M/2GB
Intel Core i5-4210U (1.7 GHz - 2.7 GHz)
1 TB
4GB of RAM
2 Cells 37 Whrs Polymer Battery

and

ACER E5-572G NX.MQ0EL.004
nV GeForce GT 840M/2GB
Intel Core i5-4210M (2,6 GHz - 3,2 GHz)
1 TB
4GB of RAM
6-cell Li-ion battery 2500 mAh

I know, it should be obvious from the first sight that Acer is better, because everything is the same, except its' procesor is better. However, for some reason ASUS seems like more reliable choice. What interests me the most is the final result - yes, Acer's specs are better, but what about the laptop's temperature, does it heat up pretty easily, more importantly, what about the battery, because I can't really understand which one has better battery. Maybe you have one of these computers and could give me your impression on his performances and all in all feeling. How about their durability?

Please share your opinions, you would help me a lot.

It depends on if the games require a lot of cpu power. If they do then the acer is the obvious choice. But if the game is mostly gpu based which most are, then the asus has the advantage. Also as the cpu is an ulv it won't heat up as easily but it will throttle much quicker than the m cpu which can cause a drop in fps.

Infall

Estimable
May 27, 2014
ACER cpu is lot better m cpus are superior to u ones. You know that. Now about temperature asus has no vents at the side maybe has on the bot and back. Acer has on the sides and most probably has on the bot. Both will be fine with temperatures.ASUS maybe a little cooler cause of the weaker cpu.All in all decide based on the looks :p if u like asus more then take that. The dif is the cpu but games are 80%gpu 20%cpu I would suggest acer strongly cause I like performance. Whatever u choose just uninstall all the bloatware it comes with you know all that acer or asus support asiistants and stuff and you will be golden. With this kind of gpu you will be able to play on high every well known game like lol cs hearthstone and stuff battlefield and other you will still be able ton medium though for 60 fps. For gta5 Wolfenstein etc on low and on 30 fps I suppose. Happy gaming

Infall

Estimable
May 27, 2014
Also for battery the whrs of asus means that if your laptop during gaming drawks 30 watts of power then your laptop will hold up for an hower and some.Acer one is still better here . Remember m cpu may draw more power so its good it has a bigger battery too. Acer may hold up to 2-3 hours .
Both will do power savings during gaming if you will force them to full performance will last even shorter. Whatever else you need ask.

lithuanian

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Thank you guys, I needed some confirmation and I got it from you. I decided to choose Acer. I'd better start preparing a shortlist of games to play :lol: Thanks again :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.