help me with my problem please.....thank you

ajshw78

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
I have a problem...I just bought a HDMI splitter 2 ported its hooked up to my desktop...What I plan to do is attach one of the HDMI to the TV which I use as a computer monitor and the other side of the splitter I want to attach my VR head set...My computer loads up just normal until after the windows 10 logo finishies loading...the screen says no imput..and I notice on my tv...The setting says DV-I and why is this?..it says no imput...Is there a way to make the settings say HDMI? please help me I am all out of solutions

Solution
You would need an active HDMI distribution amp so if you got a passive splitter it won't work.
Also if your VR headset and TV have different video resolutions the output will default to the lower of the two. A video card with 2 HDMI outputs would allow you to set the resolution of each to get the best picture on both.
I think the reason the TV switches to DVI is that you don't have audio coming from the HDMI output of the PC.It may have an audio input that you can use when using a DVI to HDMI cable. Not an issue if you don't want the TV speakers working. If you do select HDMI as your audio device.
You would need an active HDMI distribution amp so if you got a passive splitter it won't work.
Also if your VR headset and TV have different video resolutions the output will default to the lower of the two. A video card with 2 HDMI outputs would allow you to set the resolution of each to get the best picture on both.
I think the reason the TV switches to DVI is that you don't have audio coming from the HDMI output of the PC.It may have an audio input that you can use when using a DVI to HDMI cable. Not an issue if you don't want the TV speakers working. If you do select HDMI as your audio device.

Solution