HELP NEEDED connecting DVD/surround sound system and a new smart tv.

JELLY FISH

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
I have an old pioneer DVD/surround sound system and a new smart tv. The Pioneer player is pre hdmi sockets so I have a choice of scart lead to converter box then hdmi lead from converter box to tv which I have tried with no success at all! Or use of the yellow component lead from optical output yellow socket point on DVD to tv. When I have done this I only manage to get a black and white picture! PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE ME AS I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!

JELLY FISH

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Thanks Kanewolf,
The model of the DVD player is: XV-DV313/NVXJN and the model TV model number is: UE48J5500AKXXU.
Really hope that you can help me out as I am becoming very frustrated!
Regards
JELLY FISH.

JELLY FISH

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

The converter I bought from Amazon was this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V0A1GAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but as I said when I have plugged the scart from the DVD into this and a new HDMI to HDMI cable from the TV into the HDMI socket on this converter nothing is happening!???? Any ideas?

JELLY FISH

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Thanks I will check this out and let you know how I get on.

JELLY FISH

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
No it was not this as I tried all the configurations available. I have come to the conclusion that it was a faulty converter box, so am returning.
However, with the help of a friend I have been able to use the component lead and have managed to receive a colour picture for both DVDs played on my pioneer DVD player and for games played on the Wii! The solution was to unplug all other component leads and to only have those that are needed plugged in at one time. Hope this helps others who may experience similar problems.