help nvidia graphics not detected in system after getting new harddrive

_aim9_

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Hi ! I use a hp envy 15 ts , it came with a 2gb dedicated NVidia graphics 16gb ram and 1tb hd , I was using it just fine until I downloaded a virus which made me change my hard drive , I got a new 1tb hard drive and decided to install windows 10 pro on it , well ever since I tried downloading several NVidia to reinstall it but it keeps saying cud not find NVidia hardware, I tried installing windows 7 and it installed but dint appear , I thought maybe it was because it was windows 7 and it was a wrong driver so I re formatted it and installed back windows 10, I tried changing the NVidia codings to include the laptop but it failed still. iv tried showing hidden drivers in device manager it still not there, pls some 1 help me, I cant stand playing games on the intel graphics it crashes a lot,i tried letting NVidia detect the latest driver suitable for my system it dint work I also tried downloading from hp latest driver for my system still dint work pls help, how do I install it back

Solution
Did you install the drivers from HP or from nVidia? Laptops should only use drivers from the laptop vendor for proper support, trying to use reference drivers often causes issues. Make sure the BIOS is updated, install the chipset and Intel video drivers, then try the nVidia drivers from HP. The system should have had a restore partition on the original drive, even though you had a virus, that restore partition should be OK to use, it will just wipe the main setup and replace it with the factory default image.
Did you install the drivers from HP or from nVidia? Laptops should only use drivers from the laptop vendor for proper support, trying to use reference drivers often causes issues. Make sure the BIOS is updated, install the chipset and Intel video drivers, then try the nVidia drivers from HP. The system should have had a restore partition on the original drive, even though you had a virus, that restore partition should be OK to use, it will just wipe the main setup and replace it with the factory default image.

Solution