help setting 5.1 surround sound

gammer5676

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hi all I have an xenta xforce 5.1 system and I have an htpc with this sound card http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-Channel-Surround-Sound-Adapter/dp/B00JLREDZG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1402066453&sr=8-3&keywords=startech+5.1+sound+ I also have 5 jacks to rca cables and my sound system has two audio inputs one is aux which has two ports white and red and then there is one called ac3 which has six ports 3 red sub SR and FR and 3 white centre SL AND FL could you tell me how can I setup up a six channel analogue 5.1 surround and and also tell me what movies online or torrents are in 5.1 thanks.

Solution
You just connect 3.5mm to 2 x RCA to the speakers inputs(Green is left and right. Black is rear(surround) left and rear(surround) right. Orange is center and sub.). Your set calls 5.1 AC3.

Set your OS to 5.1 and enjoy.

As for telling you what torrents have surround sound. Good luck this forum has rules against ALL piracy. Please refrain from asking these types of questions.

Almost all DVD's and Bluray movies have surround sound.

nukemaster

Distinguished
You just connect 3.5mm to 2 x RCA to the speakers inputs(Green is left and right. Black is rear(surround) left and rear(surround) right. Orange is center and sub.). Your set calls 5.1 AC3.

Set your OS to 5.1 and enjoy.

As for telling you what torrents have surround sound. Good luck this forum has rules against ALL piracy. Please refrain from asking these types of questions.

Almost all DVD's and Bluray movies have surround sound.

Solution

nukemaster

Distinguished
Start search for "sound" and then look for the speaker icon called Sound and select it.

Select Speakers and select Configure.

From the next section select 5.1 Surround(you can use the test of click speakers to run the test. Make sure your speakers play as they should, if you hear nothing for Center or Sub, chances are you reversed them, flip the RCA cables and try again) and hit Next and then finish.

The default settings should work for you.

Only sources with 5.1 sound will play on all speakers, if you want other programs to play in 5.1, some cards or programs have upmix options.