Help Setting up Turtle Beach Headset on PC

Khesh

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I've recently switched over from Xbox to PC and I'm wanting to use my Turtle Beach headset on my PC.

Currently I'm using some regular speakers (plugged into "Front Speaker" Green jack). I would like to have my PC set up like my Xbox...where Game sound came out of both the headset and the speakers, but chat was only in the Headset.

Is that possible? If not, is it still possible to have sound coming out of both the speakers and the headset? If so, how do I set it up?

Basically, I want to use the speakers when playing alone and the headset when playing multiplayer games.

Thanks so much.

P.S. Are Turtle Beach headsets good for commentaries with gameplay? Thanks

Solution
Cool. I looked them up and they just use the USB for power and not sound. Green is for speakers and pink is for the microphone.

In terms of playing both the headsets and speakers, like I said above you need to go into the software and select playing audio through both front and back speaker output(the green outputs in the front and back of your computer). It might depend on your motherboard or sound card setup is but for example mobo sound: dbl click on the RealTek audio manager on the taskbar and click on the device advanced setting, then select "make front and rear to play simultaneously. You could plug the speakers in the back and use the phones in the front. IF you just want headphone sound just turn off the speakers.

What mobo...
It is possible to have sound coming out of both of them. Most onboard and sound have setting in their software to allow this(selecting 2 audio sources front/back) or use a splitter for analog. But the only chat thing is a problem. I'm really not sure but I assume chat will come out of both. I have a really good pair of Turtle Beach Sound Force HPA 2s so I don't really need my speakers going when I need to be quiet with my headset.

Now if it is a USB headset, I have no clue. I prefer analog headsets.

Happy gaming, the Prisoner...

Khesh

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

It is the Turtle Beach X11, so it does have a USB, but also a green input and pink input.

Any ideas on how to set it up so both the speakers and headset play sound?

Cool. I looked them up and they just use the USB for power and not sound. Green is for speakers and pink is for the microphone.

In terms of playing both the headsets and speakers, like I said above you need to go into the software and select playing audio through both front and back speaker output(the green outputs in the front and back of your computer). It might depend on your motherboard or sound card setup is but for example mobo sound: dbl click on the RealTek audio manager on the taskbar and click on the device advanced setting, then select "make front and rear to play simultaneously. You could plug the speakers in the back and use the phones in the front. IF you just want headphone sound just turn off the speakers.

What mobo do you have and what speakers?

PS: My Turtle Beach headphones came with splitters to hook up both speakers and phones. I'm not sure if yours did.

Happy gaming, the Prisoner...

Solution