Help with driver recovery-Cant boot into windows 10- critical process died

RcPro97

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
I'm having a problem with my laptop. It's a hp envy j111tx, bought about 2 years ago.
I was recently forced to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8. I keped putting off the update, but then one day randomly it decided to update anyway, right before trying to submit an assignment for class this was about 2 weeks ago.

it's been running really slow recently, I have not been able to pin point what is using all the services. Iv'e just used it anyway because midterms are coming up, and I would rather deal with it after I have passed my tests

Today I've been having major issues with it. it's done some things like taking forever to load the cursor, and I now cant get it to boot up.

Now it seems that it's stuck in a loop it goes something like this
Turn on

stuck on black blank screen for about 10mins

Stuck on orange loading screen for 1/2 hour

Login - It seems frozen at first. But after typing and hitting enter (nothing appears on screen immediate-10 min delay) it will login after 10mins

before reaching desktop-Youre PC ran into an error and needs to restart. -Critical process died

computer restarts, upon restarting goes to HP BIOS update- recovering bios (10mins)

Restarts again after recovery complete- blinking screen- ect screen for 10mins

Stuck on HP loading screen for 1/2 hour

Stuck on orange screen

login- takes ages to register a password was entered. throws an error, recovers BIOS, and around we go. again

Anyway I'm going to pull the HDD from it and get the important stuff off it now. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of thiss issue. I have tried hard reseting it and nothing.
I'm going to try booting into safe mode, Ill let you know how that goes in 1/2 hour.

Thanks everyone for your'e help

RcPro97

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
So cant get it to boot into safe mode. It just come up critical process died, then goes to preparing hp repair.After that it goes to a blank screen where it stays for good.

RcPro97

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
so letting it sit for 3+ hours has shown that it does eventually boot. I am almosst certain that the problem is the drive
How should I goo bout recovery of the data? I have no idea