Help with laptop speaker static

scraven41987

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
The left-hand speaker on my laptop emits a fair amount of static anytime it has to play at higher volume/frequencies. I know it's specifically the left speaker, as testing them individually shows the right one to be working properly. The audio is also quite satisfactory when using headphones, so I know it's probably the speaker itself and not an issue with the laptops mobo/audio processor. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem short of purchasing a discrete speaker? So far I've tried playing with the EQ settings as much as I can, balancing the speakers so that the left is softer, and running audio troubleshooters/diagnostics etc, to no avail. Listening to headphones is one alternative I realize but I highly prefer to have whatever I'm playing in the background instead of directly in my ears; makes it easier to focus etc etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
Hi,

More likely it's a hardware problem and the only way around it is to replace the device that is faulty. But do also try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver that you can download from the manufacturers website. Uninstall the old driver from Device Manager then download and install the latest driver there is from the manufacturers website. Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed then test it once again. If these doesn't work you may consider replacing the speakers or contact the manufacturer if it's still under the factory warranty.
Hi,

More likely it's a hardware problem and the only way around it is to replace the device that is faulty. But do also try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver that you can download from the manufacturers website. Uninstall the old driver from Device Manager then download and install the latest driver there is from the manufacturers website. Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed then test it once again. If these doesn't work you may consider replacing the speakers or contact the manufacturer if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution