Help With Upgrading Toshiba Satellite L775-S7114

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Well, I have built my Gaming Desktop, but now I feel like I can use my laptop for more heavy duty tasks. I know that the GPU, CPU, and RAM need major upgrades, as well as the HDD. My problem is that I don't know the first thing about laptop builds. How do you know if the parts are compatible? How do you install them? How can I completely copy the entire Hard Drive to another one? What about battery life? Please, if anyone has some experience with laptop builds, help.
Even just basic info about internal stuff would help.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

That is not helpful at all...

The problem with upgrading a laptop is that (except for the RAM & HDD) CPU & GPU compatibility information is not published on the web like it is for retail motherboards. Laptop boards are not retail consumer models, they are custom-made for the laptop makers who don't put such information on their websites.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Upgrading the CPU is quite easy, and I would do it all the time. Simply find your PC's model. So for a HP 520, I can upgrade to a T5200, T2400, or a Celeron. They are the only CPU compatible to BIOS. And the take the motherboard and replace CPU.