hi guys.i want to buy a gaming laptop that can play games such as NFS, GTA 4 , battelfield 3 , tomb raider etc on high or ul

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
I want a gaming laptop that can play games on high or medium settings with no framerate drops . for me looks dont matter so any laptop with good specs would work .
PRICE RANGE = 1200 USD

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
with that budget and ur demand, u will need laptop with screen resolution of only 1366x768. Playing on FHD with high or ultra for those games gonna cost you a very expensive gaming laptop. my recommendation is Lenovo y410p with Nvidia GT755M for ur budget and 1366x768p. then again if u want to wait, lenovo is updating their line up with Y40 and Y50 with better gpu for around the same price if im not mistaken.

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
thanks man but i want something with full hd and i dont mind playing on medium settings
here are the specs i want
proccessor= intel corei7
ram= 8 gb or 16 gb
storage = 1tb
GPU=nvedia gtx 750m or higher
touchscreen if possible

where you buying from? if it's USA then plenty of laptops can easily top that spec you want, except for the touch screen:
if you live in the USA then - touch screen option but much weaker: http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-n550jvdb72t-touch-p-6116.html?wconfigure=yes
non-touch screen but so much more graphically powerful (like seriously, this thing's will beat the above's graphics in SLI.) here:
non backlit version and silver: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7358-clevo-w350ss-p-6991.html?wconfigure=yes
backlit version and is black: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8268-clevo-p150sma-p-6986.html?wconfigure=yes
there are larger and smaller versions with the same spec on that website, you get a free copy of assisins creed as long as you ask for it, BUT REMEMBER TO CLICK FOR AN OPERATING SYSTEM.
this is the best bang for your buck.

hope this helps.

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
thanks
i know i am asking for a lot in this price but can i have 16gb of ram and cooling system too as many people say that cooling helps a lot.
also will the laptops you listed above be able to run the games that i listed above
Someone told me that lenovo y510p is really good for its price
By the way i live in india

you don't need 16GB of RAM unless you're doing multiple video renders or using CADCAM or stuff like that, 8GB is more than enough, all laptops have a cooling system, if you don't think the regular one is sufficient then get thermal paste and apply even more, or buy a cooling stand.

right india throws a major in the works, since there's no decent laptop seller I know of for India, so you're going to have to look into importing a much weaker laptop, even the y510p may be out of your price range.

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
What about asus is there no laptop i can consider buying from asus in this price range
I have heard that asus rog (older version) is preety good and is for only 1000 dolars or should i go with lenovo y510p
Also what will be the price of the cooling plate you mentioned above.

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
Though alienware is pretty above my price range should i consider buying it
and will it last me atleast 4 to 5 years
i really like the look of alienware but is it worth its price or is it just like cheaper gaming laptops

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
i know i do have a desktop but i need something portable as i am always on the go
i would not play the latest games on the laptop it would just be for casual gaming
but it should last me at least 3 to 4 years

parwaan

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
Can the lenovo ideapad y510p be touch screen

Also i want to ask weather i can use my xbox360 controller for windows to navigate through the live tiles just as in the xbox

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Is it a hurry that you want a laptop? Because I would suggest to wait for y50 or y40 to arrive in India, and then make a decision.
You can also check and compare various specs of different laptops in that range (which is around 77000 INR) on website like flipkart. Or if you live near Delhi go to Nehru place for good deals and a price idea.
What are you looking for exactly, pure extreme gaming or mobility of your system? Because if you are looking just for gaming purpose then laptop isn't a good alternative. At that same price you can build a rather great system which will work for next 4-5 years.
But the end choice is yours always. If you feel like getting a laptop then get one but wait for y50 for it is much better than y510 at almost same price.

TRENDING THREADS