Question Hi! How can I fix my laptop lenovo G40-70. I wont start and charge and the LED light is not blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2020
It was fine the other day but yesterday it was lowbatt so I charged it but it wont charge until it drained. I cannot turn it on. The charger was fine like no damage in wires. PLEASE HELP ME.

Apr 27, 2020
PLEASE HELP ME.

I'd like to, but you barely provided any information! You should either do basic maintenance tests to determine what exactly is not working or pass the task to someone else IRL(because to fix it someone has to have physical access to the laptop to run the tests).

Try unplugging the laptop from the charger, then make sure it's turned off and try to remove the battery yourself or get someone's help to do it(disassembly videos might help, the battery is always removed first before any other disassembly). Then connect the charger to the laptop with no battery connected and check if it works. If does, then the problem is your battery. If not, maybe the power-on button is dead or something else. Is laptop old? What model is it? Did it work with no problems previously? I dont guarantee i will reply if you specify this, but these are the questions you have to answer if you want to figure out yourself or want to get someone else's help

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020
I'd like to, but you barely provided any information! You should either do basic maintenance tests to determine what exactly is not working or pass the task to someone else IRL(because to fix it someone has to have physical access to the laptop to run the tests).

Try unplugging the laptop from the charger, then make sure it's turned off and try to remove the battery yourself or get someone's help to do it(disassembly videos might help, the battery is always removed first before any other disassembly). Then connect the charger to the laptop with no battery connected and check if it works. If does, then the problem is your battery. If not, maybe the power-on button is dead or something else. Is laptop old? What model is it? Did it work with no problems previously? I dont guarantee i will reply if you specify this, but these are the questions you have to answer if you want to figure out yourself or want to get someone else's help
It's quite old. It's Lenovo g40-70. It was fine before it happened. It just that it was lowbattery but when I charged it its not charging until it drained and I cannot turn it on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.