hi... i have dell vostro 1550.. 2 day ago i was using my laptop properly..but i have used it till last point power..then it go

manu1011

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,
I have dell vostro 1550.
It got shutdown after power loss. Now it is not starting properly and shows only vostro screen. Window screen is not coming.

Solution
Try holding F8 when powering the laptop on, and if you make it to the advanced boot options screen choose "safe mode with command prompt", once you get to the command prompt try typing: chkdsk /f It may ask you if you want to run chkdsk upon restarting, choose 'Y' and restart...

Another thing you can try is removing the battery, disconnecting the AC adapter, press the power button 10 times and on the 11 time hold it down for 30 seconds then let it go, connect the AC adapter to the laptop and a wall outlet (leave battery out) and try powering it on

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Try holding F8 when powering the laptop on, and if you make it to the advanced boot options screen choose "safe mode with command prompt", once you get to the command prompt try typing: chkdsk /f It may ask you if you want to run chkdsk upon restarting, choose 'Y' and restart...

Another thing you can try is removing the battery, disconnecting the AC adapter, press the power button 10 times and on the 11 time hold it down for 30 seconds then let it go, connect the AC adapter to the laptop and a wall outlet (leave battery out) and try powering it on

Solution