Hi, I need to connect my VCR into my new HD tv, but the problem is the red, white and yellow RCA cables on my TV are picture o

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
So I need to connect my VCR to my HD tv. No sound through AV. So I bought an AV to HDMI converter but there is no color, my videos play in black and white. I have no idea what to do or how to fix these problems. I'm so frustrated and stressed out. I need help. I have hundreds of VHS tapes I need to be able to watch so I need to figure this out and I'm so upset. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

I don't know how that will help....but it's a Scepter model X40.

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

No. There is only one red/white/yellow set and everything I plug in there has no sound. There isn't another set. You must have the wrong manual.

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Yes, everything I have connected has no audio. I contacted the TV customer service and they have no idea why the ports are not working, they cannot help me. That's why I bought the AV2HDMI converter but somehow the video must not be converting right because everything is in black and white, no color. I need help with this, I must get my VCR working properly as soon as possible. I'm so upset and frustrated over this, it's been months and no one can help me. I wish it wasn't too late, or else I'd just return my new tv and go back to my 20-year-old tube analog tv. This is a nightmare.

kanewolf

Judicious
If NOTHING you connect has audio, then there is a problem with the TV and it should be fixed under warranty. I don't know what else anybody on the internet can recommend.

The cheap av to HDMI converters have spotty reviews. It is possible you got a bad one. This one -- https://www.amazon.com/Definition-Composite-Converter-Support-Upscaler/dp/B015MSBNZA/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=YM8PRXGW1MCYXJ2KYNJ3 has more positive reviews than most.

Have you tried your existing AV2HDMI adapter on another TV to see if the results are consistent? Maybe you got a TV that is a lemon..

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

It's possible it's the TV. It was very cheap and a generic brand. I have the warranty papers somewhere....this is the only TV with HDMI in the house so I can't test the converter, but maybe I will try a better quality one, the one I bought was very cheap, only $7. Thank you.

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

I don't have any friends I can bring it to. Everyone I know lives out of state. I just requested a refund for the cheap converter, and I'm looking for my TV's warranty papers. Can't find them....I'm desperate to figure this out.

kanewolf

Judicious
Does another HDMI connection work with color and audio ?

You haven't left any options..... No other TV. No friend's TV. All RCA inputs fail with no audio. You either need to get your TV fixed, get a different TV or a different converter. I don't see a simple option.

Jesse_8910

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

All the other HDMI ports work fine, I have my DISH box, Blu-ray and DVD hooked up. It's just the RCA ports that have no audio. Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. If I find my warranty papers I hope they can fix or replace the TV for free because I don't have any money and I'll have to wait a long time to save up any money for a better converter, that's why I got such a cheap one, I couldn't afford the more expensive ones. I have no money right now.