Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help. The error you're getting might have something to do with the HDD inside your laptop.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, load the laptop into BIOS then see if the HDD will be detected or not.
- If it's detected that means repairing it would require a factory reset disc.
- Here's where you can order one: https/support.toshiba.com/repair
- But if the HDD is not listed, open the laptop and make sure that it's seated properly.
- Remove the HDD off the laptop for a second then boot it back up and see if it will detected or not.
- If it will still not be detected, last option would be to replace the HDD.