khaishitaro

Great
Mar 4, 2018
I have a broken laptop and there’s lots of video of my late dad in the hdd so i took it out and made it into an external drive but when i plug it to a windows 10 laptop and look at the Documents and settings folder on the external hdd it doesn’t show the admin user folder because all the videos are in there

There is only All user,My user folder(My acc) ,default user(empty) and guest

So can anyone tell me how to make it pop up? I already choose show hidden folder in the control panels folder settings but still didn’t show

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Obviously - check "My user folder(My acc)" and subfolders. Also check "All user".
I'm assuming old laptop was Windows XP. Right?

pbryd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
I've got around Windows account access problems by booting my PC to a live linux USB and browsing the externall HDD that way.

Create live version of linux mint on a USB stick.

khaishitaro

Great
Mar 4, 2018
13thmonkey I don’t know his password ..tried to boot windows from the hdd to bypass the password but windows shows blue screen of death and I don’t have a boot cd or usb to reinstall it

khaishitaro

Great
Mar 4, 2018

tried it and it did show the user folder but its has 0 inside it and i can open it since its hidden and i even tried using a hidden file software to unhide it but it can't