generalosborne

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
my almost new laptop now idles at around 70-90 degrees while talking on facebook and watching youtube. it is a toshiba satellite s70b with the intel i7-4710hq and the amd radeon r9 m265x. it has always been free of dust and on a hard surface(it only has 80 hours of running time) but it overheated two times. first one left no probles but last one (about three weeks ago) scares me. at school my friend told me that my computer smelled like burning and before the last overheat, the fan was rarely over 50% running(barely noticeable) and kicked out heat verry well. now, it is always over 80% and incredibly noisy, but even though it feels like shooting way less heat at full rpm than before at 50%. could it be my thermal paste that fried or anything else i am still on the warranty by the way but it would help me a lot if i knew what it is
thanks a lot!!

generalosborne

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
I will but it would help a lot to know what it is so it will be cheaper and i will get it back sooner if i know what it is because if it is not a hardware fail (like a corrupted windows) it will cost me something qnd it won't if it is a hardware failure