Hight pitched noise in one side of the headset

G

Hey, I've had the same headset for about 3-4 years, and last year the left earphone of the headset which has the microphone attached started letting out a buzz whenever the microphone came into use.

I have tried the headset on other computers and it has the same problem, however when trying a headset on the same computer (a brand new headsets) it does the same buzzing in the side of the microphone.

I've tried reading into different things like it could be something isn't grounded properly with my PC? or my wiring with my components (into an extension cord) and other things like possiblity the entire wiring in my house being faulty.

The headset is connected by USB, I have tried all USB ports on the PC, same problems occur.

TLDR: Buzzing in headset on the side that the microphone is attatched to (whenever microphone is in use).

G

No, I've had an iPad and some crappy nokia phone before the problem occured.

itsVance

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
Sounds like an external source of interference if you have tried the same headset in other computers with the same problem, and you have tried different headsets on other computers with the same problem. Are the other computers in the same vicinity?

G

The other computer is downstairs but is also connected to an extension cord, I have tried plugging my computer straight into the mains socket and the problem had still occurred.

itsVance

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

If you let someone else use the headset, does it still do it?

G

My brother just used it and said there was a buzzing noise, so yes.

itsVance

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

You should take the laptop away from your home to maybe starbucks to see if you continue having the problem.