hii i have a sony vaio desktop all in one i turned on but the screen is black and i hear the fan noise when i put a light on t

Armig_

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Hi i have a sony viao all in one desktop when i turn on the screen is black and i hear the fan noise when i put a light on the screen is see the desktop what can i do plz help

Hi,

It seems like that the backlight of the screen on your desktop PC is already faulty but please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, unplug the AC adapter off the PC then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work, check if your desktop PC has a video output wherein you can connect another monitor.
- Once an external monitor is connected observe if the display will be normal or not.
- If it's going to normal, I would suggest contacting Sony for a repair specially if the PC is still under the factory warranty.
- But if the PC is already out of warranty, I would suggest opening the PC and check the ribbon cables that connect the LCD to the motherboard if it's loose or not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jitskamps Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 8
W Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 14
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1