richardwshore

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
My Hitachi 70 inch projector TV (70VX915) suddenly stopped working. It tries to turn on and then all three lights (Blue and 2 Red) just flash before the TV shuts itself down. Others suggest capacitors but don't have skill to replace. Can I just buy new power board and if so is this easy to replace? Can't get tech to come to home and too big to take in to be looked at.

Solution
When I have had capacitors in several TV's power supplies fail, it happened over time. Sometimes the TV would turn on on the first push of the power button. Other times I would have to push the button multiple times before the power on LED would stay lit and the TV would come on. After several months I would have to push the power button dozens of time to get it to power on. When I took it apart and looked at the power supply, I had several capacitors that were bulging and leaking. I did replace them myself, but due to the high temperature solder they use nowadays I had to use a soldering gun rather than my normal soldering iron to remove the old caps. Not a job for everyone.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
Unplug the TV entirely and push and hold the power button on the actual TV for about 25 -30 seconds. Then plug it back in and turn it on. Did that clear the error?

Power boards are fairly easy to replace. There are youtube guides for most TV's that you can watch.

richardwshore

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Thank you very much. Will try to do that when I get back home. I did try unplugging and restarting but did so from the remote. Hopefully, I can find the correct power board on line.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
yeah don't use the remote, holding the power switch while the TV is off does pretty much the same thing as clearing the CMOS on a PC and forces it to self check before turning on.

This isn't a guarantee to work, but it's what you do before tearing things apart.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
When I have had capacitors in several TV's power supplies fail, it happened over time. Sometimes the TV would turn on on the first push of the power button. Other times I would have to push the button multiple times before the power on LED would stay lit and the TV would come on. After several months I would have to push the power button dozens of time to get it to power on. When I took it apart and looked at the power supply, I had several capacitors that were bulging and leaking. I did replace them myself, but due to the high temperature solder they use nowadays I had to use a soldering gun rather than my normal soldering iron to remove the old caps. Not a job for everyone.

Solution