Home Theater Audio Issues

ExEcutor_Z

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Hello to all. I am new to the forum scene. Never asked a question online, but seeing as I am very desperate to solve my problem I am asking for help. I have an HP Pavilion M6-1035DX Laptop connected to a Sony Bravia 32" HDTV Model#: KDL-32s5100 via HDMI and it is running through an RCA Home Theater System 5.1 1000W Model#:RT2911, also via HDMI. It is connected first to the RCA receiver, then to the TV. When I go into audio settings and properties for the TV, it claims it can only carry two channels, thus only producing Stereo sound. How does this affect whether I get 5.1 or not if I am connecting to the RCA receiver first? I also know there is no driver for either device. How can I fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ien2222

Distinguished
Don't worry about what the TV says, you are running it through the RCA first. You also won't have a driver for the RCA so no need to worry about that either.

And you'll be using HDMI unlike what crowe said.

As to what will be transmitted in 5.1 depends on the program being used, not everything uses surround. To make sure it's working, go into your audio manager, make sure you have 5.1 selected, and then test the speakers.