Home theater to set top box to tv

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

I have a Samsung Led Tv, Harman kardon Avr 155 Receiver and Videocon D2H set top box.

1. Samsung Led Tv - Optical connection, 3 Hdmi ports
2. Harman kardon Avr 155
3. Set top box - Hdmi and spdif connection.

I have connected Hdmi from Set top box to Receiver and Hdmi from Receiver to Tv. When i play normal cable tv from Set top box video plays on tv but no sound comes through the home theater. Audio still plays through tv.

Solution
Check the input set up menu of the receiver if it has one. The input may be set to use audio from a different connection.
I did install an early HDMI HK receiver that would not use HDMI for audio and required an audio connection too.
Since the TV is getting audio there may be another setting in the receiver menu system that needs to be changed.
Check the owners manual.
Sep 4, 2018
Tried but it only projects the video and not the sound. When i change the settings from Tv to external speakers its blank. Set top box has Spdif, so does HK. Tv has optical, so does HK. Can i work around those ports for Audio?? Thanks.

Check the input set up menu of the receiver if it has one. The input may be set to use audio from a different connection.
I did install an early HDMI HK receiver that would not use HDMI for audio and required an audio connection too.
Since the TV is getting audio there may be another setting in the receiver menu system that needs to be changed.
Check the owners manual.

Solution