Hooking chromecast.com roku or firestick to projector

john_45_

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Have optima projector no hdmi slot just dvi and vga have Sony surround sound with 2 hdmi in one out how do I hook this up have ran thru dvi with hdmi conversion]lug have pic with chromecast.com but no sound help please johnboy

Not complicated if the projector DVI is HDCP compatible,
Connect the streaming stick to one of the HDMI outputs of the Sony receiver.
Connect the Sony HDMI out to the projector DVI input with a cable that has HDMI at one end and DVI at the other or use an adapter at one end. Which adapter depends on the type of cable (DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI) you have.
You could also connect an active HDMI to VGA converter to the receiver and use the VGA input. The DVI will look better though.

Not complicated if the projector DVI is HDCP compatible,
Connect the streaming stick to one of the HDMI outputs of the Sony receiver.
Connect the Sony HDMI out to the projector DVI input with a cable that has HDMI at one end and DVI at the other or use an adapter at one end. Which adapter depends on the type of cable (DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI) you have.
You could also connect an active HDMI to VGA converter to the receiver and use the VGA input. The DVI will look better though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kimber_Har Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1