Solved! Hooking up a Vizio Sound Bar to Hisense tv

Jan 25, 2019
We are experiencing issues with hooking up a 2015 VIZIO 38” 2.1 Sound Bar System to a Hisense 55R6E tv. When we try to watch a tv show or a recording on the cable box DVR, the sound is snowy or static sounding. We can still hear the voices though. When Bluetooth is used to play Sirius radio, it sounds great. The soundbar also worked on the tv we moved it from too. Any idea what could be wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Which output of the TV are you using?
If you are using the TV headphone jack you might be overloading the soundbar input. Turn the TV volume down and turn the soundbar volume up to achieve the same volume without the distortion.
If you are using the TV optical audio output then try changing the audio output type in the TV menu.

Which output of the TV are you using?
If you are using the TV headphone jack you might be overloading the soundbar input. Turn the TV volume down and turn the soundbar volume up to achieve the same volume without the distortion.
If you are using the TV optical audio output then try changing the audio output type in the TV menu.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xmystbladex Audio 1
FirstLast1234 Audio 8
deusman Audio 2
D Audio 3
B Audio 1
Tofoss Audio 2
Pinesin Audio 2
L Audio 1
M Audio 3
T Audio 1
W Audio 1
A Audio 1
R Audio 2
M Audio 1
B Audio 2
H Audio 1
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
Z Audio 1
C Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How to hook up a Active Sub to a PA amp (Crown XLS 1002) with a pair of passive speakers
Question I have a Samsung Q80R. The audio works fine when it's hooked up to my computer, but when I hook it up to my TV, it's extremely quiet. Why?
Question How does one hook up 5.1 surround sound ? (Logitech Z607)
Question Hooking up a sub woofer
Question trouble hooking up befree 4.1 channel surround sound to desktop pc
Question hooking up a Yamaha yas-108 to TV
Question Hooking up pc to home theater system
Question I have a pair of Mackie thump 12a active pa speakers. They are awesome ! How can I hook them up to my smart TV ?
Can i hook my ihome 3 to my vizio tv?
she was how do i hook up a Sony model number s ACT 780 active speaker system to a vizio TV model for 7 0 V L
Can I hook up a Bluetooth wireless Vizio subwoofer to a LG Bluetooth wireless soundbar with a Vizio Smart TV
I have a RCA RTS7010B soundbar and a Vizio TV D43n-E1. I need better instructions to hook the soundbar to the tv, please help
Trying to hook up my Onkyo stereo TX SV 313 Pro to my TV model Vizio E601i-A3
I have a 50 inch Vizio TV I'm trying to hook up a soundbar it only has barewire no Jack's how do i put jacks on
I’m hooking my Panasonic SA-BT 235 blue ray up to my Vizio E700i-B3. I have picture, music, but no speaking/voice? Help.
Hooking up a 2.1 speaker system with a powered subwoofer to a Vizio TV
Vizio sound bar wont work on xbox one or element tv.has no hdmi hook up im using the digital optical cable.
Samsung Sound Bar Hook Up Vizio TV
How do I hook up my Yamaha natural sound AV receiver RX-V630 to my 48" led smart tv vizio?
how do I hook up wireless blue tooth headphones to vizio smart tv

ASK THE COMMUNITY