Hooking up home system UPDATED

cchatfield

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
How do I connect HD sat box, 3d tv, rec/play DVD, sound player and blu-ray player?
Sat box: GM Triplex Spark
TV: Sony Kdl47w805abu
Sound Bar: Orbitsound M9
DVD Recorder: Sony RDR-HXD870
Blu-ray: Sony Bdps5100.cek
In particular I need the DVD recorder to record (obviously) but I know that if connected incorrectly this facility is 'greyed' out.

with wires.

sarcasm aside... you need to give us brand & model numbers (links would be splendid) so we know what you have and what connections are available.

normally i'd say hdmi... but again... dont know what you have

1. Connect Sat box, Bluray, & DVD recorder to TV with HDMI for video playback
2. Connect soundbar to TV optical audio output with Toslink audio cable
3. You won't be able to record from Bluray (no output other than HDMI)
so connect the analog audio & composite video output from the rear of the sat box to the inputs
on the front of the recorder. Not sure if these will remain active when the HDMI is plugged. Try it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 8
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 5
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Question How to hook up Sony STR-K5900p Component system to my New Samsung AU8000 tv?
Solved! How do I hook up to the internet on my TV when only tablets and phones will link up to my Wifi system?
Solved! Trying to hook my game system up to my insignia tv the system only has red and white what should I do
Solved! Hooking up two separate speaker systems
Hooking Up an Old Panasonic DVD Home Sound System to Direct TV Box and Sony Smart TV.
Solved! I have a Blu-ray Panasonic sound surround system and a Samsung smart tv. I have Directtv Now system. How do I hook up my sound
how do i hook an lg tv an lg surround system an lg sound bar and a cable box
How do i hook up befree surround sound theater system to a rokou tv
I currently only pay the cable company for internet service and I am trying to hook up an exterior HD antenna to my system but
how tp hook up wi system bose cimima system and a dvd player to a yamaha reciever
Need to hook up new logitech z506 surround sound system to my Toshiba TV (model No. 40e200U1). Have tried RCA cable and optica
Can't figure out how to hook up my RFA home theater system to my tcl rocu TV and get sound
Trying to hook up a Samsung Smart TV to Older Onkyo 5.1 sound system
hook surrond system to LG smart tv, roku, and cable box
Trying to hook up my sharp ht-sl70 surround system to my ps4 and element tv and i cant seem to get it too work plz help
Solved! How would I hook my home theater system to my ps4 without a hdmi input
Hook up home theater system to direct tv with Hdmi cable
Old Sound System(No HDMI) w to hook into TV
How do I hook up my ps4 to a entertainment system
I have a 55in smart tv and a blue ray sound system I have all the cords hooked up but still no sound from my tv

ASK THE COMMUNITY