hookup my sub

Nov 19, 2014
iam trying to hook up my teak 80watt modle cd-x10i to my pc the sub has a 9pin plug an a set of rca an my computert has three 3.5 mm plugs in back. two in front headphone an mic. how do i connect the sub to my pc ,do they make an adaptor or do i hard wire a 3.5 mm to it an where do i splice an connect

Solution
you do not need a receiver.

if you wanted to use the whole system (speakers + sub) you can use a straight 3.5mm to 2x rca adapter likely. the rca are likely an aux input.

if you wanted to use just the subwoofer and it has an AC plug... its powered all you would need to do is adapt from rca to 3.5mm in either the same manner as above (if you wanted to run it with a pair of 2.0 pc speakers you already have) but with a splitter on the port or if part of a larger system (or with a center channel you already have.. we could adapt it to fire on the actual center 3.5mm jack as well.

if its an unpowered subwoofer (no ac cord going into it) you could either use the main box of the stereo set to power it (through an aux input jack) or use an...
you do not need a receiver.

if you wanted to use the whole system (speakers + sub) you can use a straight 3.5mm to 2x rca adapter likely. the rca are likely an aux input.

if you wanted to use just the subwoofer and it has an AC plug... its powered all you would need to do is adapt from rca to 3.5mm in either the same manner as above (if you wanted to run it with a pair of 2.0 pc speakers you already have) but with a splitter on the port or if part of a larger system (or with a center channel you already have.. we could adapt it to fire on the actual center 3.5mm jack as well.

if its an unpowered subwoofer (no ac cord going into it) you could either use the main box of the stereo set to power it (through an aux input jack) or use an amplifier in between the pc and subwoofer

Solution
You probably cannot use the sub without the rest of the Teac. It has the amps for the sub and satellites in it & won't work without being connected to the main unit which will turn the amps on through that 9 pin cable.
Your option is to plug the PC sub out into the Teac Aux input and not connect the satellites to the sub assuming you don't want to use them.

Victor Franklin

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015
If I only had one of those pills like on "Limitless" maybe I could get things done ! Meanwhile im fresh out where do I start with this free powered sub bestowed upon me , but I'm missing what appears to be a S- video connect cord ?