How can I connect my Samsung blu ray home theater system speaker to a pre wired home theater? Do I need a more powerful receiv

Noel_19

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
I have a Samsung blu ray home theater 5.1 system that I am trying to connect to my pre wired home in wall red/black wires. I don't know if my blu ray receivers can handle it because I've tried to twist the bare wires and I'm not getting any sound. I am not sure if I need to add connectors of some sort to improve the connection or what. Anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
Play a disc on the HTS to test the HTS. Maybe the audio from the TV is not getting to the HTS. If you have if connected via HDMI ARC or optical audio you would have to turn that on in the TV and turn off the TV speakers. Make sure the TV is outputing in surround.
You may not have enough power for the in wall speakers but if connected correctly you should get some sound. The subwoofer may not produce enough bass to balance with the other speakers but should still boom.
To make sure that the speakers are working you can put a AA battery across the speaker terminals. When you connect and disconnect one of the wires from the battery you should hear a sound from the speaker as the woofer moves.
Play a disc on the HTS to test the HTS. Maybe the audio from the TV is not getting to the HTS. If you have if connected via HDMI ARC or optical audio you would have to turn that on in the TV and turn off the TV speakers. Make sure the TV is outputing in surround.
You may not have enough power for the in wall speakers but if connected correctly you should get some sound. The subwoofer may not produce enough bass to balance with the other speakers but should still boom.
To make sure that the speakers are working you can put a AA battery across the speaker terminals. When you connect and disconnect one of the wires from the battery you should hear a sound from the speaker as the woofer moves.

Solution