How can I find the IP address of a magic jack caller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2018
Have received typical IRS scam which has morphed into death threats for $$ from a phone number I have traced back to Magic Jack (#removed). How can I find the IP address of the computer connected to this device?

Solution
there is software that allows instantaneous spoofing/changing of numbers anyway...

Just hang up, you are wasting your time....; there will be no FBI raids of small or international manhunts on scam centers in India on your behalf any time soon...
May 15, 2018
Did that as well. Just got same call from number one digit different. These folks have bought up a series of magic jack phone numbers. I would not take the calls, but I get work calls and don't always know the numbers :(

mdd1963

Distinguished
there is software that allows instantaneous spoofing/changing of numbers anyway...

Just hang up, you are wasting your time....; there will be no FBI raids of small or international manhunts on scam centers in India on your behalf any time soon...

Solution
Look into Nomorobo.

https://www.nomorobo.com/

Free and FTC supported.

I have been using Nomorobo for a couple of years.

One "ring" and most scam/telemarketing calling numbers are blocked. Very few get to the answering machine at which point the calling number usually disconnects.

Even blocks/stops spoofed numbers.

And, to date, I am not aware of any legitimate calls being blocked by Nomorobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.