How can I fix my tv?it has picture and sound,but the screen is black

Saggitar123

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
I have 37 inches.my tv still had a picture and sound but the tv screen is black.my tv doesn't plug in a cable I use a wi-fi cable.how can I fix it.need help,please! Ty!

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello there.

I shall assume you checked the backlight settings in the menu? If they are where they should, and you see the picture albeit it being really dark, then your backlight or backlight driver is broken.

To fix it you will either have to change the power supply or replace the LEDs. Sorry to say, but if you are not used to using a voltmeter or ohmmeter to test stuff in electronics, you are better to bring the TV to a trained technician.

If it is the LED or CCFL backlight, chances are it will cost way more than a new TV. :(

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello there.

I shall assume you checked the backlight settings in the menu? If they are where they should, and you see the picture albeit it being really dark, then your backlight or backlight driver is broken.

To fix it you will either have to change the power supply or replace the LEDs. Sorry to say, but if you are not used to using a voltmeter or ohmmeter to test stuff in electronics, you are better to bring the TV to a trained technician.

If it is the LED or CCFL backlight, chances are it will cost way more than a new TV. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1