How can I hook up an Amazon Fire Tablet to a TV to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I want to plug my Amazon Fire Tablet into my TV so I can watch stuff like Netflix and Prime Video and YouTube? How do I do this? Or is it not possible? I am open to buying the necessary cable or whatever.

Many thanks in advance!!

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
the 2017 models can't do this but the older ones can be connected with a micro-usb to hdmi cable which are easy to find.

if you have the newest model (7th gen) then you have to connect it through a fire tv or fire stick device. but then those already give access to the services so it's kind of useless to do.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
the 2017 models can't do this but the older ones can be connected with a micro-usb to hdmi cable which are easy to find.

if you have the newest model (7th gen) then you have to connect it through a fire tv or fire stick device. but then those already give access to the services so it's kind of useless to do.

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I tried using a micro-usb to HDMI cable but I think I must have a newer 2017 one so I guess I have to get a Fire TV stick then. Thanks for the help! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 14
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 11
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 17
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 12
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 15
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 14
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 11