How can I increase my VRAM or dedicated shared memory? (put in Laptop section because no desktop section)

cubanwill

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I have been trying to play a lot of steam games with my friends and have found that I have been encountering some lag in games and it has been getting very tedious having to deal with that. I had this question because I did some research and found out that VRAM is the cause of this lag in games like: Arma 2, Payday 2 and others. I know this because on the website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri I ran tests to see where the problem was and I found out that it was my graphics card that was causing the lag, but then I went to check the requirements for the games and my graphics card certainly meets the requirements but it is the VRAM that makes my games lag. :)

specs:
Model: HP Pavilion 23-g119 (Desktop)
Processor: Intel Core i3-4150T CPU @ 3.00Ghz
RAM: Dual-Channel DDR3 8GB / 1600 MHz

TechyInAZ

Admirable
Are you running it off the integrated graphics?

If so, go into your BIOS, look around in the advanced settings and see if their's a menu to increase vram. I'm not sure where it is exactly since I don't know what BIOS HP is using.

TechyInAZ

Admirable
Are you running it off the integrated graphics?

If so, go into your BIOS, look around in the advanced settings and see if their's a menu to increase vram. I'm not sure where it is exactly since I don't know what BIOS HP is using.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 4