How can I increase my VRAM or dedicated shared memory? (put in Laptop section because no desktop section)

cubanwill

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I have been trying to play a lot of steam games with my friends and have found that I have been encountering some lag in games and it has been getting very tedious having to deal with that. I had this question because I did some research and found out that VRAM is the cause of this lag in games like: Arma 2, Payday 2 and others. I know this because on the website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri I ran tests to see where the problem was and I found out that it was my graphics card that was causing the lag, but then I went to check the requirements for the games and my graphics card certainly meets the requirements but it is the VRAM that makes my games lag. :)

specs:
Model: HP Pavilion 23-g119 (Desktop)
Processor: Intel Core i3-4150T CPU @ 3.00Ghz
RAM: Dual-Channel DDR3 8GB / 1600 MHz

Solution
Are you running it off the integrated graphics?

If so, go into your BIOS, look around in the advanced settings and see if their's a menu to increase vram. I'm not sure where it is exactly since I don't know what BIOS HP is using.
Are you running it off the integrated graphics?

If so, go into your BIOS, look around in the advanced settings and see if their's a menu to increase vram. I'm not sure where it is exactly since I don't know what BIOS HP is using.

Solution