How Can I Remove the "Most Visited" Tiles From Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikklo

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hello All,

So I have been using an extension to black out my new tab page so I dont see the annoying search bar and ever so scandalous "most visited" tiles, but I have been wondering if it was possible to just modify the html of the default new tab page to not show those things anymore. The reason I ask is because I would like to see the background of the theme I have when I open a new tab.

Thanks!
~Bikklo

Bikklo

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I've done that in the past but as soon as I visit the site again it shows up in "most visited." I want a more permanent solution than this, which is why I thought of modifying the html.

Bikklo

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

True, but I just want the new tab page to look nice and not show my history. I dont particularly care if my data is stored locally. Also, I happen to like when chrome autocompletes a url for me based on my browsing history.

Bikklo

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I could yes, but I want it to show the background from my chrome theme, not another page entirely.

dfk

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I dont know if Google Chrome supports UI tweaking via a CSS file. In Firefox you can customize the interface and menus with userChrome.css, so u can hide buttons on start page and specific menus. For instance, to hide the Restore Previous Session button on the start page I can add this to the css file to hide it.

@-moz-document url(about:home) {
#restorePreviousSession {display:none !important;}
}

Status
Not open for further replies.